Sunday, August 14, 2005

ScouterBlue



It is only appropriate that I write about the namesake of this blog, Scout and Blue. Scout's my lab, he's a year and a half old, and just about the friendliest dog you will ever meet. If he had a human voice, I'm am pretty sure it would have an Asian accent. Blue is his 2 year old sister. She's a Neopolitan Mastiff who I rescued from an abusive situation in Cave Creek. She is about the most faithful and affectionate dog I have ever met. Her human voice has a thick Southern accent, kinda deep and raspy, like a smoker.

These dogs bring so much joy into my life. In many ways, Scout and Blue are the person I always wish I could be. They are full of love, grace, joy, forgiveness...they are rarely in a bad mood, and always genuinely happy to see everyone they meet.

However, they are not always perfect angels. Yesterday while I was running errands Scout opened the refridgerator and ate just about everything, he cleaned me out...then had the nerve to beg for dinner. Blue, on the otherhand, is very selfish with her space. At night she sprawls out across my bed and growls at me if I intrude on her space. These are issues which we are still working through...boundaries.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

her growl in the night is a little frightful, a little funny. the bright sage in her eyes usually sparkles as she struggles to translate the words you speak. so it only makes sense that you would question her sincerity when she's less than friendly with scout. but when you hear THE GROWL you loose any and all reservation about her true intent at that moment.

following the sound is a distinct posture-a look that drives home the worst of what you are afraid of. that's when you know she's serious...that's the frightful part.

as the muscles in her back tighten i know she is poised to spring to her feet. ...then a cry from the back of the house...

quick...call scout...blue is about to eat him...

then without provocation, scout appears wagging his tail acting like he doesn't know he came within seconds of loosing his life...

12:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home