28

'Notice how we are perpetually surprised at Time. ('How time flies! Fancy John being grown up and married! I can hardly believe it!') In Heaven's name, why? Unless, indeed, there is something in us which is not temporal'
C.S. Lewis, A Severe Mercy
I have been thinking about this quote today. It is interesting to me, that time, and our inability to comprehend it, is proof in itself that we are eternal creatures.
I turned 28 years old today. I feel like I'm 10. Birthdays are great. I got calls from people I haven't heard from since, well, a year ago. My niece called me today. She is 2, it was her first phone call. And although I could barely understand a word she was saying, it was the best gift I received.
28 years, that's a long time. Blink and I'm 50. I am laying here in bed, trying to think of something intelligent sounding to say, something that only someone with 28 years of living would say, and I'm blank. I guess it's time to go to sleep and start living this 29th year. Happy Birthday.


1 Comments:
It was your birthday? Speaking of not being known by your friends, shit. I'm sorry I didn't say Happy Birthday. Happy Birthday. Are you busy Saturday? let's hang.
Post a Comment
<< Home