Monday, November 28, 2005

Tradition

Doesn't anyone blog anymore? I know like 5,000 people who blog, actually 4, and they all post like one crappy blog a month...sheesh. I mean come on, it was Thanksgiving. You should have things to talk about.
Well,my Thanksgiving was great. It is the only time of year where I have time off work and don't fill it with trips, races, family events, or sickness. Four days to do whatever the heck I want. And I did. It was great. Being a single guy in 2005 makes it kinda difficult to have holiday traditions when I am not with my family. I am doing my best to make my own traditions. That kinda sounds lonely and depressing, I just realized that as I typed it. It's actually not. For the past two years I've spent Thanksgiving at the Browns. They do it right. Parades, Football, Video Games, Beer, a feast, great friends, good movies, and falling asleep on the floor. For the past two years, thats been my Thanksgiving tradition, and it's been great. Tradition is rare for a singe guy living 1000 miles away from home. The Saturday following Thanksgiving I have been going up to the Rim and hiking around Woods Canyon Lake with the dogs. Its cold, sometimes snowy, pine trees, Campfires, Solitude, perfect. Its a great way to feel like its Christmas time when you live in a desert. Along with Amy and I, Jon, Jack, and Lauren joined us. We built a fire by the lake, skipped rocks, and did some hiking.




4 Comments:

Blogger EandCmitchell said...

Hey Brandon! It was so nice to hear from y'll on Friday night. I wish I wasn't throwing-up because we would have loved to hang out. Hope to see you soon -elisa

2:22 PM  
Blogger Jonathan said...

Campfires are dangerous! Camping and hiking is for losers!

5:58 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

That is NOT true. I posted a blog like three and a half weeks ago.

Have fun in Sedona. You blog snob, you.

:)

8:37 AM  
Blogger mandy said...

now you're the one taking forever to blog. c'mon

11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home