Monday, November 14, 2005

A New Backyard...Step 1

I've really got to put a new post up here to get rid of that ugly teen wolf. I am really getting tired of looking at him. I had a really shitty week last week, and this one hasn't gotten off to a good start. Please excuse me for using such a harsh 6-letter word, but honestly, any other word would not do my shitty week justice. I won't even get into it, b/c I really am tired of talking about it.

I am in the process of completely redoing my back yard. It's going to be a long process, but in the end it should be a kickin place to hang out by next summer. I'm trying to do it myself, otherwise I couldn't afford the labor. The first step is redoing my porch. I ripped up all the flagstone and laid a concrete slab to adhere them. That was a big job, here's some pictures of me and my helpful assistants:

Excavation #1



Excavation #2



Framing and Rebar



Pouring and Leveling Concrete



Smooth Concrete Slab



5 Stones back in Place

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I love that last picture. I am making it my desktop wallpaper.

3:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for your help with the patio jack...notice how in all the pictures he's in...brandon isn't doing anything? although i have to admit i waited until the moon was in the right spot to take the last one, so that was probably my fault.

9:49 PM  
Blogger Audrey said...

good on ya for doing all the work yourself (though I almost shed a tear when I saw those flagstones on the grass instead of on the dirt where we laid them so painstakingly). I still don't really know how men seem to "just know" how to do random DIY projects like that, like Jon remodeling his kitchen...do you just hang out at Home Depot all the time, or what?

11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home