Friday, May 12, 2006

A new day

The bed was feeling especially warm and comfortable this morning when the alarm rang. Friday morning, finally. As much as I dislike sleeping in, today I could make an exception. The motivation to roll out of bed was not helped by the yellow lab sleeping next to me. He hates the alarm clock even more than I do. Simultaneously we let out a groan and decide to start our day. I hear thumping on the floor as I make my way around the bed. Waiting patiently for me is a hundred pound Mastiff who spent the night on patrol barking at neighbors, unwelcome noises, and plastic bags. She has become nocturnal. With my canine friends, I stumble bleary eyed into the kitchen to feed the three of us. I love this time of day. The neighborhood is asleep.
The 101 was moving fast this morning, a welcome surprise after a long hot week in traffic. NPR has a segment on the new interest rate hikes and how it will affect the wealthy. A certain group is not happy about this...guess who.
The elevator ride into my office is slow and long. I feel melancholy. Didnt I do this yesterday? Carol greets me at the front desk and we both promise that there has been 10 work days in this week. The twisting curved hallways of the building lead me to my office. According to my HR department, I've been made this trek for 3 years, 3 months, and 23 days.
Three years and it still excites me to open my email. A little coffee to suppress my hunger, a new day has begun.

1 Comments:

Blogger Audrey said...

cool post.

9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home